A 2:15 video explaining what a literature review is, currently used by Cornell University. Tools: Keynote, Audacity, and QuickTime Animation.
These video makes use of social learning to explain research studies. Tools: After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Made for National University, an informal screencast on how to use HTML/CSS in creating webpages for eCollege. An oldie, but still relevant and also shows how much LMS have progressed. Tools: iMovie and Audacity.
Instructional Design ELearning Certificate
When I first started designing virtual classes, we didn’t have courses for instructional design, and I had to learn through experimentation and experience. But I understand that certifications help. I continue to take classes online, not only to learn new skills, but to experience various learning methods first hand.
Learning Management Systems
Adult Learning Methodologies
- ADDIE Model
Content Creation Tools
- Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition)
- Articulate 360
- Presentation (Powerpoint, Keynote, Prezi)
Data/Needs Analysis and Research
- Data Gathering
Program Management Tools and Methods
Organizations I Directly Worked With
- San Diego Community College District
- Coast Community College District
- South Orange County Community College District
- National University
- Cal State Dominguez Hills
- University of California, Irvine
What I Love About Instructional Design
- Creative use of technology
- Measurable outcomes
- Continuous learning